The Purple Zone is running from 1 to 26 February 2021.
The Purple Zone is part of I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
It’s an online interactive activity that school students can take part in from home.
Students can chat with working scientists and send them questions.
It’s open to all school students in the UK and is suitable for ages 9 to 18.
Your child can take part in a live chat with scientists
- Every weekday 4pm to 5pm
- Thursday evenings 7pm to 8pm (4, 11, 18, 25 February)
How can I access a live Chat?
- You can log in from 1 hour before a live chat
- To log in, click LOG IN in the top right hand corner of the page
- You’ll need to use one of your online accounts to sign up, such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, or Twitter
- Please note you won’t be able to log in using a social media account during other times
What is needed?
- To take part you just need a computer or tablet, an internet connection and an online account
- Chats are all text-based (no video or audio)
- There is no special software needed – just a web browser
What is the Purple Zone?
The Purple Zone is an online science enrichment activity. Students can connect with a range of scientists from a broad range of fields. See which scientists are taking part.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org